Welcome! DFWQAA is a non-profit 501(c)(3) education organization and local chapter of QAI. Our members are a group of Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area Software Quality Assurance professionals and managers that come to meet others in their industry and share information. Our mission is to create an open forum in which to share Software QA/Testing best practices and jointly address issues facing the Software Quality Assurance industry. We are affiliated with QAI Global Institute, a worldwide software quality organization. In addition to providing educational and QAI certification opportunities to our members, we usually hold a meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each month to discuss relevant topics in QA and testing. Please feel free to browse our website and contact us if you want additional information. Visit our LinkedIn site and follow us on Twitter. Join our mailing list and get notices about our meetings. Come join us and learn more about DFWQAA. We provide members access to the presentation materials.
Tuesday, August 21, 2018
6:00 - 8:00PM
BravoTECH Corporation 4835 LBJ Freeway, Suite 1000, 10th Floor Dallas, Texas 75244
BravoTECH is located on the Northwest corner of LBJ (I-635) and the Dallas North Tollway. The BravoTECH building is 10 stories tall with black windows. There are “Imprimis” and “CBeyond” signs on the top of the building
Map Link: http://bit.ly/2fJY8sZ
This month’s guest speakers are Michael Doughty from Micro Focus + EJ Evangelista & Hardy Burnett from Applitools.
They will present:
Topic: Enhance Your Selenium Projects Using Micro Focus LeanFT & Applitools
Abstract: As a platinum sponsor of Selenium, Micro Focus will discuss the feedback received from users at the Selenium Conference, their top challenges, and how using LeanFT with Selenium projects helps overcome these challenges. Learn how you can enhance your Selenium projects, reduce the time it takes to create and maintain scripts, and leverage Micro Focus solutions to support End-to-End integrations for your Software Development Lifecycle needs.
We will show how to use UFT Pro (LeanFT) for Selenium to:
1. Easily create tests for cross-browser testing
2. Provide additional object property locators that save time in script maintenance
3. Ability to execute tests on all the latest desired matrix
4. Support for many “not typical web technologies” + Create tests for Web, Mobile, and Desktops applications
5. Know exactly which object locators to use for unique object recognition without having to re-run your tests
6. Solve object synchronization timeouts + simpler coding (i.e. no need to add “try catch” for all the assets anymore!)
7. Easy Reporting / Log, Auditing capabilities / ability to easily understand what each test is doing
There will also be an “Introduction to Automated Visual Testing” provided by Applitools. This portion of the presentation will include:
· A Brief Ito Applitools
· Automated Visual Testing using AI